Monday, February 6, 2012

Festivals

Festivals, festivals, FESTIVALS! Yes, these few days (or weeks) has only been about festivals. And not to mention the traffic jams, jams, JAMS! almost everywhere.

While driving around, I had to avoid traffic when the "Dondang Sayang" float was about...then the long Q towards esplanade for the "Chap Goh Meh"...and the jam all around that's anticipating the Thaipusam festival...Multi-cultural indeed, which is a really cool and unique thing to have, but unfortunately the jams all over the island isn't helping to enhance the festive spirit.

I like the sounds of festivities and gatherings, but I'm not the type to enjoy the crowded atmosphere and thoughts of having to squeeze amongst hundreds of people...it's more like a nightmare to me. Especially when I've always had that sense of insecurities, probably because I'm walking amongst people who are taller, bigger and stronger than me, and I feel myself being stepped on, pushed and shoved around (even though unintentionally).

Anyway, few more days, and hope everything will be back to normal...not very quietly nor peacefully, but at least, with some breathing space around again. As for now, Happy Festives all around everyone!

*Drive safely, carefully, and patiently...since you won't be able to beat it, just join in.

No comments: