Monday, February 20, 2012

Doctor Kids

How can you tell when your kids fall ill too often or always gets injured one two many times ?

The answer is simple :
When your kids start prescribing their own medicines and telling you what to do for them

Sickness 1 - Fever "hot hot"
"Mummy, I need the "Pink" medicine" (Pink = Strawberry flavoured panadol for kids)
"I need to drink lots of water" (Fills up water tumbler to the brim on their own)
"I need cold cold" (Takes ice cube / ice pack, wrap with a small towel, puts it on forehead)

Sickness 2 - Flu / Sneezing / Cold
"Mummy, I need massage" (Massage = apply hot rub of Vicks on their chest & back)
"I have booger in my nose" (Takes tissue paper and blows nose)

Sickness 3 - Cough / Sore throat
"Mummy, I cannot drink cold water, eat ice cream, drink juice" *sulks*
"Put a little bit hot water for me please" (Fills water tumbler with mix of hot water)
"I need to swallow medicine" (Chinese herbal meds that helps clears up the phlegm)

Sickness 4 - Stomache
"Mummy, I need to rub medicine on my tummy"
"Oww...my stomach hurts" *drama*

Injury 1 - Fall / Cut / Bleeding
*Takes a plaster, peels it & sticks it on the wound
"Mummy, I need to put medicine" (Antiseptic Cream or Flavine)

Injury 2 - Itchy / Red Spots / Mosquitoe bites
"Mummy, I need to put "balm balm" (Medicated ointments for insect stings)

My elder's own experience as her own dentist : "Mummy, my tooth is going to come out" (few days or about a week later) "Mummy, I took out my tooth already. It came off by itself" I think she broke my record already.

I doubt they would be pursuing their studies in medicine or becoming future doctors/dentist, but at least they are good enough to be first aiders at home.

No comments: